Windows Media Player is default media player in Microsoft’s Windows Operating System. Every Media player requires codec files to open different media format files. Like earlier versions of Windows OS this media player also doesn’t support latest media format files like mkv, flv etc in Windows 8. There are two possible solutions to overcome this problem: Download all supported codec files or install third party media players like VLC, Real Player etc.
Shark007 is popular codec developers community that has developed many codec files for Windows XP, Vista & 7. Now they also developed codec files for Media Player for Windows 8. These codec files gives liberty to users to play any media file having .mkv, .flv, divx and many other extensions in Windows Media Player. Right Click on the installed Codec Pack and Run As administrative to open Codec Settings.
- Full color thumbnails including FLV’s and 10bit MKV’s (also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes like MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes like MKV and FLV
- Updated often – and has update notification builtin
- Allow use of the PDVD12 decoders for 32bit LiveTV
- Supports the use of Xbox360 as Extenders to playback MKV files
- Allows single click setup of Bitstreamed Audio
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using right click on all files such as MKV.
This codec also provides UAC (User Account Control) settings for administrators to restrict other users to open any supported media file. If administrator doesn’t specify any previligies to Local User Accounts then all the administrative settings for the codec can be fully inherited while opening the application.
This Codec pack supports 20 languages like Arabic, Chinese Simplified/Traditional, Japanese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Swedish and Turkish. Other languages can also be added upon request.
The Second solution is to install any third party popular Media players like VLC, Classic Media player which almost supports all types of media formatted files.
Click Here to Download Windows Media Player Codec Pack